Point system awards you for your involvement on SG Home Needs.
What can you do with the points?
- Every period of time, there will be a contest where the top 3 performers will be awarded cash prices or sponsored items/ vouchers. Top performers are chosen based on the greatest number of points for that period of time.
- More information will announced nearing the contest date
- Launching soon: Points can be converted to cash equivalent (1 point = $0.10)
- Cash equivalent can only be used on services provided by vendors registered under Home Match
How do I earn points?
- Refer a friend – 10 points
- New sign up – 5 points
- Update profile
- First name: 1 point
- Last name: 1 point
- Bio: 3 points
- Number: 2 points
- Article published –> 50 points
- Review –> 30 points
- Reviews are subjected to approval.
- Only approved reviews will be awarded points.
- Only 1 review per listing will be awarded points.
- Subsequent reviews to the same listing will not be awarded points.
- Read an article –> 3 points
- To identify which pages are articles, all articles have the word “blog” in their urls.
- Limit to 8 points per day i.e. only 4 articles will be rewarded per day.
- Comment on an article –> 6 points
- Comments are subjected to approval
- To discourage spams on the site, spam comments will result in -5 points.
- Limit to 2 comments per post forever.
- Limit to 5 comments per day i.e. limit to 25 points per day.
Ranks and badges to earn points
As you do more activities on SG Home Needs, you will earn badges. Badges are recognitions of your contribution on SG Home Needs. Badges also awards you with additional points.
- Committed Writer (5 articles –> 50 points)
- Trusted reviewer (10 reviews –> 30 points)
Your rank changes as you accumulate more points. Here are the available ranks:
- Newbie (40-80 points)
- Junior (81-150 points)
- Veteran (151-250 points)
- Master (251 points and more)
How to refer a friend?
Go to https://sghomeneeds.com/profile/, scroll down to the “referral link” section
Copy the link and send it to your friend.
How to sign up?
Sign up at https://sghomeneeds.com/register/
Indicate the right profile – Business or Individual. And enter your particulars.
How to update profile?
Go to https://sghomeneeds.com/profile/, click on the settings button.
How to publish an article?
View instructions here https://sghomeneeds.com/write-for-us/
How to write a review?
View instructions here https://sghomeneeds.com/review/
How to comment on an article?
Articles are found here https://sghomeneeds.com/blog/
“Leave a comment” is found at the bottom of every article.
- Points cannot be transferred to another user.
- Points converted to in-site cash can only be used to purchase goods and services from merchants registered in Home Match.
When can points be converted to cash?
- Points can be converted into in-site cash when our version 3.0 of website is up. Currently 2.0 will be released in Feb.
- Process of conversion and usage will be updated here nearing the update of 3.0 website version.