SGHomeneeds provides reliable air conditioning professionals in Singapore. We list the most reliable, rated and reviewed air conditioning professionals in Singapore that can suit your aircon needs.
City Cooling Engineering provides the complete package from air conditioning servicing, repair and maintenance, and installation. We also provide cooling to a vast and diversified range of applications, from single Read more [...]
As part of our commitment to giving the best service in Singapore, Marvellous Aircon Pte Ltd remains the best in the field of professional service in the region using the Read more [...]
Air Connection professional air-con specialist teams have more than 20 years of combined experience in providing solutions for all kinds of air-conditioner problems across a wide range of brands and systems. Our Read more [...]
Cold Engine Air-Conditioning Service is an established since year 2011 as aircon service company/contractor based in Singapore and our principal have more than 15 years of experience that specializes in Read more [...]
Our team of experienced & skilled personnel is committed to provide you with great cooling solutions in a hassle free way. Call & make your appointment now
Established in 2009, LK Brothers Aircon Engineering is one of Singapore’s leading and most trusted aircon servicing, repair & maintenance company. We are dedicated to provide tailored solutions for all Read more [...]
We provide top notch General and Chemical servicing, Chemical overhaul, repairing, installation, contract servicing etc…
Ju Jiang was incorporated since 2011. We are specialise in air con services maintenance, chemical overhaul, trouble shooting & installation for both residential and commercial & industrial market. We always Read more [...]
BTO Aircon Specialist is your friendly and reliable source of air-conditioning installer for your new home.
JK Aircon Specialist is a trusted brand, specialized in Installation, Maintenance and Repair of Air Conditioning units. Located in Singapore, we extend our reliable service to residential and commercial properties. Read more [...]
Air Conditioning Professionals in Singapore
SGHomeneeds provides a directory of air conditioning (aircon) professionals in Singapore. You can compare and view a list of aircon professionals that can suit to your home needs.
What do air conditioning professionals do?
Different air conditioner service providers offer different services. As different brands of air conditioner may require different know-how to repair/service, it is important to clarify their services before engaging them.
The most common types of services are:
- Regular contract servicing/maintenance
- Air conditioner installation works
- Air conditioner repairs
- Chemical overhaul
- Chemical cleaning / Chemical flushing/ chemical wash
- Evaluate and advice
- Aircon installation
- Diagnostic and inspection
- Gas top ups and inspections
How To Find A Good Air Conditioning Contractor
With over a hundred air conditioning companies in Singapore, how can you ensure the one you are hiring is a reliable company?
Before we go through some details, it is best to not assume all contractors are the same or is better than others just because he/she works on a particular aircon brand such a Daikin or Mitsubitshi.
Your goal is to find an aircon contractor who will ask questions about your unit, perform diagnostic tests, explain all your options thoroughly, and work with you to find the right solution for your home and budget.
When should you hire an air conditioning contractor?
Air conditioning contractors generally provide installation, maintenance and repair works.
Good aircon professionals will advice you on the ways you can save money on your home’s energy bills either by replacing the whole unit to a more efficient one or have additional fixtures to insulate your home from the hot weather in Singapore.
Should you need more information on air conditioning needs, or have special requests (such as latest cooling or heating products with anti-allegens), you can always speak to a few reliable professionals who can give you solid advice given their deep experience in this field.
Questions to ask prospective air conditioning professional
Before engaging and committing to a particular air conditioner contractor, it is wise to ask potential contractors the following questions:
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured for general liability as well as worker’a comp?
- What is the size of your company (total staff strength)?
- What kinds of training have your staff been through?
- Are your aircon technicians certified to handle refrigerant gas?
- Can you provide a free written estimate outlining all the terms and conditions of what we discuss?
- What are the payment terms? Do you offer financing?
- What types of aircon services do you provide?
- What should I look for when engaging an air con professional/contractor?
- How long does the air conditioner installation take?
- Do you provide warranty or guarantee for your service or the unit?
- Do you provide 24 hours emergency aircon services?
- Do you have a refund policy for customers not satisfied with your service?
- What aircon brands do you carry or service?
- How are your brands rated for energy efficiency?
- How long will the job take? Will you clean up after the job is completed?
- How will a new system affect my utility bills?
This list of questions, albeit a long and tedious one, can ensure your air conditioning install or repair process goes smoothly.
You can view more questions in our full list of questions in our article section.
Common Air Conditioner Problems and Repairs
- Air-conditioner not running at all: Before hiring or calling an aircon technician, there are a few things you can check. Firstly, ensure the thermostat is set to “cool” and the temperature is set correctly. Next, locate your main fuse panel, and determine if the fuse or circuit breaker has been blown or tripped. For a blown fuse, simply replace it and see if your AC turns on. For a circuit breaker, simply reset it and check the AC again. If all these things do not work, call an aircon technician.
- Aircon is frozen: If your aircon is frozen, the cause could be blocked or restricted airflow preventing the unit from working properly. In this case, you can try washing and cleaning the air filters. The coils should also be free of dirt and debris. It is best to engage an aircon professional to look at this issue.
- Warm air or no air: There are several factors causing this. Before engaging an aicon technician, look at the outside unit and ensure no debris (such as leaves and branches) blocking the airflow to your air-conditioning unit. Check ductwork to ensure it is still attached to your vent system. If these actions still do not solve the proble, it could mean your aircon is low on refrigerant. In this case, it is advisable for you to call an aircon specialist to handle the issue .
- Drainage issues: Should you spot any leakages in and around your unit, the unit’s condensation line may be clogged. If water is visible in the drip pan, you may attempt to DIY unclog the line by blowing compressed air inside the pipe to remove any obstruction. If these actions do not work, it is advisable to engage an aircon specialist to unclog the line.
- Constantly running or switching on and off: This usually mean sizing issue with your AC. If the unit is too large for your home, it will cycle on and off often. If the aircon power is too small, your unit will run constantly to keep your home at the desired temperature. There are many other factors that could cause improper cycling, such as air-conditioning unit being low refrigerant, faulty thermostats, and faulty relay switches. It is advisable to engage an aircon specialist if this is the issue.
When do I replace my aircon and when do I repair?
The decision to choose whichever option can sometimes be tough and require a good judgement. The general advise is that if it is relatively new and can be fixed with a low cost repair, the answer is obvious – repair your unit.
Should your aircon be more than eight years in operation, you may want to replace it. This is because air conditioning units is undergoing constant improvement in terms of energy efficiency and environmental friendliness. Replacing a brand new aircon can make more economic sense if it can bring greater cost saving to you over the long run.
It is advisable to have inspection after some time even if your aircon is working properly as small leakages or faulty ductwork can undermine the efficiency of your air conditioning units. Technicians can spot these problems before they turn into major nightmares when it gets big, helping you reap the most benefit from your existing aircon system.
With some research and checking of directories, you will be able to find aircon professionals who can help you with making the right decisions regarding your air conditioning needs.
Should your AC unit be working for a number of years, it may be more cost effective to replace it rather than engaging in expensive overhaul or repair works.
When searching for a new air conditioning system, we advise you to consider energy-efficient and eco-friendly units for long term savings.
Lastly, engage in regular aircon maintenance projects to ensure your AC units last longer.
Compare and review the best aircon professionals in Singapore.
View their gallery and portfolio, compare prices of similar air-conditioning projects in your proximity. You can then read the reviews from previous customers to understand the background of prospective professionals, how they rate their work, and message them directly to ask any specific questions.