SGHomeneeds provides a directory of reliable architects and building designers in Singapore. We list the most reliable, rated and reviewed home service professionals in Singapore that can suit your architecture and building design needs.
We are a Singapore-based practice specialising in buildings and environments. Ong Ker-Shing and Joshua Comaroff began working together as Lekker Design in 2002, after studying architecture and landscape at Harvard Read more [...]
Renaissance Planners & Designers is a multi-disciplinary design practice established in 1994. We are a group of like-minded professionals who specialize in project feasibility studies, interior design, corporate branding and Read more [...]
EHKA Studio is led by husband and wife team Hsu Hsia Pin & Eunice Khoo. Both Hsia Pin and Eunice have worked under renowned award-winning firms, gathering design and project Read more [...]
Currently based in Singapore, 0932 Design Consultants is an architectural and interior design practice formally founded in twenty eleven. Here at 0932, the company founders Mr Low Chee Khiang and Read more [...]
Reliable Architects and Building Designers In Singapore
An architect or building designer in Singapore can design and build your dream home based on your needs and desires. Taking factors such as space, budget into consideration, they work with you to plan a home design that best caters to your lifestyle.
Architects and building designers have an extensive knowledge of architectural designs and trends, as well as construction methods and building materials.
The work they produce depends on the professional you work with. Their work-scope includes project management, designing, to the selection of colours and materials of furniture that matches your style and preferences.
How do I find the best architect for my home design project?
Though experience and portfolio is important in selecting a good architect, having an architect that is involved in all phases of the design process may actually be the best thing you can do. From initial concept to the completed construction, a dedicated architect ensures the whole project is done according to plan and is heading towards what you desire in a home.
Architects also have the connections and experience to hire and select building contractors for you, championing your project and ensuring the best work from other contractors working in your project.
The most important role of architects is project management, to serve as managers and supervise most aspects of construction, as well as facilitate communication between all other contractors.
As far as the process goes, the architecture firm that you choose will start with concept drawings and finish with construction drawings and documents. Some firms even design with 3D renderings and videos, but that should not be assumed. One of the most important duties of an architect
Questions to ask prospective architects and building designers in Singapore:
- Have you completed home projects similar to my style, room and budget?
- Can you share your portfolio and testimonials with me?
- What is the fee structure? What is included in this package?
- Do you have professional liability insurance?
- What types of renderings (3D, video, illustrative) will you produce?
- What is your experience with similar projects?
- When do you expect to start and be finished with the project?
- What do your services include? (It’s best that the services are until construction is completed.)
- What happens when the cost exceeds the budget?
- Would you say your work has a defining style? (This is important in case the architect’s personal style will interfere with
- your vision.)
- Will you help with hiring general contractors and renovation contractors?
- What do you estimate the cost will be?
- Are there any complications you foresee with this project?
Compare and review the best architects and building designers in Singapore
View the portfolio of architects and building designers in Singapore, and compare prices of similar projects. You can then read the reviews from previous customers to understand the background of prospective specialists, how they rate their work, and message them directly to ask any specific questions.