The Helping Hand was founded in 1987 as a Christian half-way house for the rehabilitation of ex-drug addicts, by Mr Robert Yeo, himself an ex-addict.
As of 2006, we have opened our doors to all ex-offenders. The Helping Hand is a Volunteer Welfare Organization (VWO) under the Ministry of Community, Youth, and Sports (MCYS) with Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.
Solve your Moving Needs at affordable and transparent prices with no extra hidden charges. With over 20 years of experience, a fleet of 14 foot lorries and 3-5 men per vehicle, we make moving effortless and fast!
No piece of furniture is too bulky or corner too tight for our seasoned movers. Disposal services can also be arranged.
The Helping Hand’s mission is as follows:
- We are a Christian organization which helps ex-offenders restore their lives by the transforming power of Jesus Christ, re-integrate them back into society as a stable and contributing member, and into a local church community for continuation of spiritual support.
- We provide rehabilitation programs based on four aspects of therapy – Spiritual Therapy, Work Therapy, Social Therapy and Physical Therapy, to regain self-confidence, self-esteem and teach individuals to exercise self-discipline for a regular daily routine.
- We adopt a holistic approach for life transformation by providing full-cycle support to the ex-offender including family counseling, life-skills learning and after-care counseling.
The Helping Hand’s core values are:
- H. We Honor God in our daily work activities through honest, open communication with one another guided by the spirit of humility and make conscious efforts to work in harmony.
- A. We embrace Adaptability in our work culture to keep our spiritual and life-skills teaching relevant, continue to learn new skills and to delight our customers at all times.
- N. We are committed to Nurture and help one another to grow from potential to fulfilment in our spiritual walk with God, find purpose and joy in our work and encourage one another to be physically fit at all times.
- D. We are Determined to help the ex-offender lead a changed life and inculcate a “Can Do” attitude through Christ who strengthens us.
The Helping Hand has adopted a renewed organization structure with effect from August 2015 in response to the current needs and challenges of the present day.We are Determined to help the ex-offender lead a changed life and inculcate a “Can Do” attitude through Christ who strengthens us.
In 2016, The Helping Hand will be focusing mainly on improving our spiritual programs in alignment with our Vision and Mission. I invite all staff, volunteers and friends to join me in making The Helping Hand better than before, by striving towards excellence in helping ex-offenders rehabilitate, re-integrate back into society, and be members of a local church.